Sunday, February 24, 2008

Feed a cold, starve a fever.........

The creepy-crud has been at our house this past week. I believe it started last Saturday night with Hayden complaining of not feeling well. He stayed home with daddy on Sunday morning. The kids were out of school for the week so he was his usual playful self on Monday, sometime later he got a fever, he has been on and off the couch all week. Mariah also got it and was down Tues, Wed, and Thurs. I kept drinking my echinecea tea, praying I wouldn't succumb but alas I did. It started Tues with a sore throat and got progressively worse. Hayden is still fighten it so I guess it will take a trip to the clinic to see "what's up". Now here is the question...............why do we want to eat so much when we have a cold. It seems my mind is filled with thoughts of food. Mariah commented the other day "we sure eat alot when we are sick, we've run the dishwasher about a thousand times".

I missed church today which is such a bummer but I firmly believe in not sharing my germs with others. And especially not shaking hands with everyone. :) Want to know a secret? My pastor's wife, Cassie, has antibacterial lotion hidden in the song book holder in her row! She shares with me when I sit with her. She's just so smart! Seriously, I really did miss the fellowship today. I hope this house is back to normal by Wed. because I told D to invite some people to dinner on Friday Night. Pray for Hayden to get all better so he won't miss too much school. I hope you all have a blessed Lord's Day!

3 comments:

Katrina said...

I hope you are all feeling better. We are just now on the other side. Mia and I had that terrible fever, aches and cough. I didn't realize I was supposed to hide my hand sanitizer! Keith has me dig it out of my purse right after the hand shaking.

I think it is time for a new picture of that precious grandbaby of yours!! I bet he is sooo big

Michelle said...

Praying you are feeling better..

Sis. Julie said...

I'm so sorry I haven't been by lately. I haven't been visiting anyone really. Sorry to hear that the flu junk found y'all too...Surely y'all are better by now. I pray so anyway. We are for the most part. I have this nasty cough and congestion stuff going on though. I'm ready for that to be gone for sure.

I"m looking forward to y'alls jubilee meeting. My husband says we will try to come Monday night but we will definitely be there Friday night. So I can't wait!! There will be four of us coming so count us in on the meal...that is after the service right?