Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I was wrong..........................

I have been joking with Devin for a couple of weeks now about how much I'm going to dread his 6th grade band concert. Most parents have been there (children that have never played an instrument before squeaking and squaking though a short little musical piece) enduring and smiling right along. Well, I had the opportunity to chaperone a field trip. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised! They actually played REAL songs. Devin was even brave enough to play a little solo. I am actually looking forward to the concert tonight. Now I just have to convince D that it won't be bad.

In other news, we are getting down to the last couple of weeks of school. Mariah has managed to maintain straigth A's all year for which we are very proud. Devin will turn 12 next week. Hayden passed a VERY important test that will pass him to the 4th grade. We've been busy working in our yard. We finally got around to planting grass in the back and it's coming in nicely. We still have lofty dreams of the lush, soft, green lawns of the west but alas, that just doesn't happen in Georgia. We also planted a little garden. I've planted some other annuals and am really enjoying my yard. We just stay busy with family, church and friends. Sorry to my sister that the updates have been few and far between. We love and miss you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi. Parabéns por seu excelente blog. Gostaria de lhe convidar para visitar meu blog e conhecer alguma coisa sobre o Brasil e nossa luta contra o comunismo. Abração