Thursday, September 13, 2007

Where does the time go!

Look, it's been almost a month since my last post! Surely I haven't just been hibernating. Why am I such a bad blogger? Ok enough self deprication. Things are moving right along. We have had a bit of a cold pass through our house. It started with Hayden, then me and Mariah had it and now D has had it for a bit. People tell us "it's just the Georgia weather" that makes you sick when you first move here. We shall see!

Devin played his first football game, they lost 33 - 0! I told him it's a bad sign when he comes home from playing football with clean pants. Oh well, he's still learning. The kids are all doing well in school. Mariah is reading at a 12th grade level according to the testing she has done! I'm very proud of her, but need to remind her the her "smarts" come from the Lord and not from herself.

We are settling in nicely to our new church. This Sunday we will be having "Old fashioned Homecoming Day", it's similar to round-up Sunday we had in California. As I write I hear thunder rolling, it has been raining the better part of the afternoon which is good because it is needed. Apparently there is some kind of big GOLF Tourney in Atlanta and the greens have been really dry (hey Keith what's the tourney called ~ something cup :) so I guess it's good for Tiger Woods. LOL! If you are in need of some good preaching, check this out http://nvbc.org/video.asp Click on 9/11/07 Mike Ray. North Valley Baptist Church is having their pastor's and workers conference this week and I've been able to catch a few services live.

Please continue to pray for our family, we are still getting settled and D feels alot of pressure to "produce". He has done well and soon we should see the fruits of his labor. Today I got to chat with 3 friends from Cali. What a blessing, Rosie and I comisserate about our workouts, Laurie and I about our motorcycles and Katrina and I about hair and food!!!! HAHA

Carolyn came to visit 2 weeks ago and we had a wonderful visit. I hope I can come out to Cali when her baby is born. To all the 2 of you that read this, I love and miss you. I'll keep you updated.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I loved the message from Pastor Rey! Thank you so much. I also logged on to the last message. Tony Hudson is a firecracker! I think someone brought back the cd of him singing. I asked for a copy. I was going to call you but it went very late, even for Pacific time. Did you get to see it? I miss you guys so much. Enjoy your weather. I think we might get rain tonight!

Katrina