Friday, November 23, 2007

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I have completed a HALF MARATHON!!!! The man cheering for us on the street was shouting "Only one half of one percent of the world's population has done what you are doing................. " :P Wasn't that sweet of him. Anyway I finished with a time of 2 hours 52 min. however that will not be my official time. There were like 7,000 people so our "official" time didn't start until we crossed the timing pad. Oh and guess what the best part was?!?!?!? It RAINED most of the way ~ two words ~ SOGGY SHOES!!!!! UGH! We did take one bathroom break at St*rbucks (like that Katrina, hehe) and that took about 7 min because of the line so I would have finished sooner. The jury is still out as to whether I'll do it again. Most likely yes! (Am I crazy or not) you should always try things twice to see if you like them or not.............hahaha. Enough about that. I'll try REALLY REALLY hard to post a picture.

We had a nice quiet Thanksgiving dinner ~ just Hayden, D and I. D had said his boss had invited us over but I just had a feeling the wife wasn't in on it ~ imagine, a hubby invinting people over and forgetting to mention it to has wife *gasp* that would never happen. Anyway, turns out my intuition was right! I'm glad we were home because there is a lot of pain involved in finished the afore mention RACE! We were about to talk to some of our loved ones in California and of course my parents so over all we had a lovely day, except we did really miss Dev and Mariah. Today I need to hit Targ#t for some $12.99 flannel sheets but that will be the extend of my Black Friday shopping! Have a great day ya'll.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

You are AWESOME!!! I'm sorry about the rain though. Sounds like you had a great time with H & D. Tell everyone hello for us. I also had to go to TArg#t but it was not bad. My mom sent the girls gift cards. Mads got a great little sewing machine for $10. It is really cool. I will call you next week. Miss you guys. We got the year book from last year and D, M & H were all in it :( It was fun remembering all the fun.

Kat

Jessica said...

How neat!!! Congratulations!! :) And it rained too?! Good job Leah.

I hope we get to see a picture!! ;)

Love & Prayers,
Jessica